Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I am Libra heart: The scales


(Riding cruisers on Venice beach with AGYG, her hubby, and their friend Shannon. There's a rollercoaster in the background!)



(Sydwynder looking SOO LA. This was at the Getty Museum. That's the city of LA below him. Amazing!)



(House on Venice beach. Neato! It was a gothic dream come true!)


I just want to point out that every time I return to Chicago from a trip I am always welcomed home with grey skies and rain… I’m just saying.

Pros - Chicago:
Snakes
Sketchcore
Computer Boy
Csz
Cutest new apartment ever in cutest neighborhood that is supes close to everything in the world. (I wish I had moved sooner, it might have saved some of the relationship.)
Summer
The Lake (which is now actually accessible)
Riding my bike all the time, everywhere, and fast
Getting drunk and riding my bike home
Day job w/ rad benies and fat paycheck that let’s me leave at any time to audition for soul sapping work
Great people
I am comfortable here
CTA when you need it

Cons – Chicago:
Remnants of a breakup
6 years and still fighting for shitty acting gigs that never come
No one in here has any money to pay comedians to do anything
Soul sapping day job
The routine
Gloom and doom
Winter commutes
Winter nights
Winter binging
Winter depression
Winter fat
Winter everything

Pros – L.A.:
iO west
CSZ
UCB
The Jungle
Sydwynder, Gultch, Bo Smash separately and as Heroes
Endless possibilities for new friends and experiences
Sun, sun, sun
Tans and lean muscles
The Ocean
Opportunities to fulfill my dream of being a full time actor
Patel Leads
Getting tofu anywhere, even at fast food chains

Cons – L.A.:
Owning a car and paying for gas
Road rage (I saw it in everyone I knew out there)
Riding my bike with lots more possible danger involved
Can’t get drunk and walk home
Will be so lonesome pining after all the people I love in chicago
The improv isn’t as fun
Everything is more expensive
Finding a new job
Finding a new apartment
Not knowing the city
Having to drive and not knowing where I am
Earthquakes
Nobody rides public transpo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home