Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Kane Moku
















You are a boy island.
I can see you in my binoculars.
You are a paradise.
You have palm trees to root the sand down.
You have yummy, juicy fruit that grows wild and abundantly.
You have hidden caves only a keen eye and brave heart can find.
You have so many stars that I can stay up all night turning them into stories.
I take a swim out to you and vacation for a while.
It feels really good.
I get tan.
I get calm.
I get sexy.
I lose track of time.
I lose my limits.

But I’m super scared out here in the open waters.
Storms ravage islands.
I think I can bunker down.
I am a survivor.
I know knots.
I know knives.
I know nights.
But I’m from the mainland.
Maybe that’s the mistake.
To think you can beat some island’s storm.
I wonder if maybe I should flee.
But I don’t want to leave.
I saved a long time to get here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home